While attending NYFW is an exciting and memorable experience, you may not realize it’s your first time. If you’re a newbie to the fashion world, there are some things you need to prepare before heading to the Big Apple.
The size of the party
You can easily get overwhelmed when deciding how many people to invite to your NYFW party. Whether you are making a regular sized NYFW party or a smaller one, keep in mind that you will have to coordinate all the seating, space and food items for the guest list.
Decorating for NYFW is a special occasion where you will be trying to impress everyone. Since so many of the fashion events take place outdoors, you will need to think about if your furniture and accessories should be temporary or permanent.
A NYFW party doesn’t necessarily have to be something like, Cirque du Soleil or the Grammys. You could have a musical performance or even a dance party with the help of NYC-based professional dancers and some entertaining friends.
- Watch out for sirens: New York Fashion Week brings a lot of people to Manhattan from all over the world. If you want to make sure you aren’t mistaken for an innocent party goer, try to stay away from sirens and loud music.
- Make a plan: Another important factor to consider is the location of your NYFW party. If you are having a full day party, you may need a good location to set up and this can be a major consideration.
- Meet your coordinator: If you’re having a dinner and dance event for a specific theme, make sure you work with your NYFW coordinator. They will be there to help you with any concerns that come up as you celebrate your special day.
- Plan for everything: An important thing to do at a NYFW party is to make sure you get everything you need for the party planned out ahead of time. This includes seating arrangements, party supplies, catering and much more.
- Pack your bags: While it may seem fun to pack your own food, you may not have time for it. In this case, you might need to choose between ordering food from a local or online restaurant, hiring a caterer or bringing your own bag lunches.
Take advantage of NYFW photos
Get the best NYFW photos you can. These photos can be wonderful keepsakes and can be helpful to remember the night.
It’s important to remember that NYFW means so much more than just the clothes you will wear. You’ll have so much fun dressing up for the big night, you’ll probably forget you aren’t in New York City.